19 April 2012

Taylor group photos

The following are a small collection of group photos containing mostly Taylor relations... and a lot of unknowns.  
I've listed them in the best chronological order I could assume:

Photo from the personal album of Rhea Merkley
Identified as "Miss Della Taylor, Lapoint, Utah"
I'm assuming Della is the tallest girl standing and those around her are siblings or cousins, but I really have no idea.  An unfortunate blotch on the face of that one girl holding the doll too.  Della looks about 10 years old so I'm assuming this was taken around 1920 or so.


Photo from the personal album of Althea Gray
Identified as, "Taylor Reunion"
There's a row of people seated on chairs in the middle, and Roy Taylor is the 2nd to right seated with Roxa standing behind him.  I'm assuming all those seated are Roy Taylor siblings with their spouses standing behind them and posterity surrounding on grass and farther in back.  I'm told Zelma Taylor is the girl on the grass on the far left (just about cropped out of the photo)  And looking at the ages of those standing in the back on the far left, I'm assuming those could be Roy Taylor siblings as well.  I'd love to have names for all these people...


Photo from the personal album of Althea Gray
Identified as, "BACK Vera, Roxa, Doris, FRONT Zelma, Della, Cora"
Another derivative setup of other photos, but I was excited to find this one with them all posing different.


Photo from the personal album of Clayton Huber
Listed in the album as "Back, Mom, Mae Warburton"
I couldn't tell you who or where "Mae Warburton" is in this photo, but I recognize Vera as the 3rd one on the left in back holding a baby, and it looks like Ardith Huber is two to the right from her holding another baby, and I'd LIKE to say that looks like Roxa standing on the far right with the coat on, and Della on on the far left standing, but I'm not certain on either of those guesses... Lots of kids not cooperating in this photo.


Photo from the personal album of Clayton Huber
Listed out in the album as
"Myrtle Golding, Aunt Ardith, Vera H, Pearless T,
Fern Hansen, June, Lyle Taylor
Evis Taylor, Jerold Golding, Lynn H"
If they're not family in this photo, I'm assuming they're neighbors.


Photo from the personal album of Rhea Merkley
Identified as, "BACK LeRoy Taylor, Sherman, 3 unknown heads, Coy Hayward, Dean Sessions (maybe), Dean Huber, Roy Huber, Byron Taylor, Lynn Huber,  FRONT Gene Nyberg, Leslie Taylor, George Nyberg, Della, unknown.
Based on the similarities in age, style and photo setup, I'm assuming the next photo was taken at the same time.  I'm guessing a family event of some kind.
Photo from the personal album of Rhea Merkley- cropped from its original state
Identified as, "BACK Unknown head hiding behind another unknown (my guess= Cora), Vera, June, Deltha, unknown with baby, Kathryn Huber, maybe Roxa, unknown turned, Beulah holding child, FRONT Rhea, Doris, unknown, unknown girl, unknown, unknown.

Photo from the personal album of Rhea Merkley
Identified as "Vera & Roy in back, MIDDLE Roxa, Daun, Rhea, Doris & Keith Ross, FRONT Gene Nyberg, Clayton, Ross boys"
Photo is dated on the bottom as Sept 1946


Photo from the personal album of Rhea Merkley
Identified as, "Family- Vera second from left"
As she's linking arms with people and the Manti Temple is in the background and the period dress is about the 1940s, I'd like to assume this is family here for a wedding, but I can't identify ANYBODY else in this photo.  Dang.


Photo from the personal album of Althea Gray
Identified as, "Daun maybe, Zelma, Cora, Cynthia Taylor, Della, Vera, Nana with cat, little Allen"
Nice shot of most of the Taylor sisters... and actually, that cat looks like a dog to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment