10 July 2012

Elmer Huber & Irva Fillerup

Elmer Huber was Roy's older brother.

He married Irva Fillerup (of Midway, UT) on 28 May 1929 in the Salt Lake Temple.
Thus she became Irva Fillerup Huber.
Photos from the personal albums of Shirley Jensen
Photoshopped together by me.
Marriage licence:
SOURCE: Family History Library, Film 0429133 #57092
The following is an excerpt from the personal writings of Irva Huber entitled, "Parts of My Life":

"... In the Fall of 1927, just wanting a change, I applied for and received a position as 1st and 2nd grade teacher in Midway, Wasatch County.  I boarded at the Alder home, across the street from the Huber home where Elmer and his mother lived.  I met Elmer Huber in the year of 1927, when I went to Midway, Utah to teach school... Elmer loved to dance and we danced two winters away before deciding to get married on the 29th of May 1929 in the Salt Lake Temple...."
Photo from the personal album of Shirley Jensen
Taken before marriage in 1928.

No comments:

Post a Comment