16 May 2012

Rex Taylor and Cynthia Lyman

W. Rex Taylor was one of Vera's older brothers.

He married Cynthia Lyman of Whiterocks, Uintah, Utah on 16 May 1928 in Manti, Utah (although their marriage license was filled out in Duchesne County, UT)
Thus, she became Cynthia Lyman Taylor.

Photo from the personal albums of Della/Gene Nyberg.
Photo cropped from a larger image.
SOURCE: familysearch.org

Newspaper notice:
SOURCE: Vernal Express 1928, May 25, p.6
Notice transcribed:
Rex Taylor and Cynthia Lyman were married last week in the Manti temple.  Mrs. Roy Taylor and Ms. Jane Lyman accompanied them on their trip.  Rex is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Taylor and Miss Lyman is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A.M. Lyman of Whiterocks.  The young couple has the best wishes and happy congratulations of the community.
*Punctuation corrected by me.



2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I'm wondering if you know anything about the connection between Rex Taylor and the naming of Taylor Lake in the Uinta Mountains, especially if and when he would have been there stocking fish.
    Thank you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but I'll look into it. Leave me your email address so I can contact you with what I find out.

    ReplyDelete